- Summer 2018 – Bali Indonesia Eco Trek learning about rice production and farming
- Spring 2018 – Meals on Campervan Wheels A Vegan Special Blog feautured as runner up on Lonely Planet Pathfinders
- Autumn 2017/Summer 2018 – Based in Australia travelling by campervan exploring the east coast, tropical north, red centre and southern states including: Sydney, Blue Mountains National Park, Byron Bay, Springbrook National Park, Brisbane, Surfers Paradise, Fraser Island, Noosa Heads, The Whitsundays, 1770, Cairns, The Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas, The Daintree, Mossman Gorge, Cooktown, Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park, Kings Canyon, Alice Springs, Adelaide, The Barossa Valley, The Great Ocean Road, Melbourne, Tasmania, Phillip Island, Jervis Bay, and more!
- Autumn 2017 – City stop in Hong Kong visiting Victoria Peak and Tian Tan Buddha
- Summer 2017 – Fears and Fun A Travel With Teens Special Blog featured on Lonely Planet Kids Blog
- Summer 2017 – Based in Cambridge U.K. Karen worked as a Customer Service Executive with Booking.com
- Summer 2017 – Europe multi-city breaks including Krakow Poland, Vianden Luxembourg, Auschwitz Poland, Belfast U.K. and the stunning Causeway Coast (The Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-rede, Carrickfergus Castle, Old Bushmills Distillery and Dunluce Castle
- Spring 2017 – Karen completed Creative Writing The Next Step at Brentwood College U.K.
- Spring 2017 – Celebrating Carnival in Rio de Janeiro Brazil visiting Escadaria Selarón, Ipanema, Christ the Redeemer, Copacabana and Sugarloaf Mountain, before staying in Armação dos Búzios
- December 2016 – Karen completed Creative Writing for Beginners at Brentwood College U.K.
- December 2016 – The travel blog Get Up, Get Out There & Get Lost is born
- Autumn 2016 – Enjoying Paradise Cove Boutique hotel and exploring Mauritius
- Summer 2016 – Europe multi-city breaks including Vienna Austria, Copenhagen Denmark, Salzburg Austria, Stonehenge England, Zell am See Austria and Bournemouth England
- Summer 2016 – Based in London England Karen worked as an International Travel Consultant at Flight Centre UK booking worldwide holidays and business trips for clients
- Spring 2016 – Staying with friends in Tel Aviv Israel, camping at the Dead Sea and exploring Jerusalem
- Winter 2015/16 – Multi-city stop across Canada including Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Whistler
- Summer 2015 – Relaxing in Denerau Fiji
- Autumn 2014 / Summer 2015 – Based in Christchurch New Zealand making kiwi friends and exploring the many roads that take you to beautiful places including: Queenstown, Wanaka, Dunedin, Punakaiki, Marlborough Sounds, Nelson, Wellington, Hawkes Bay, Lake Taupo, Mt Ruapehu, Coromandel, Auckland, Mt Hutt, Milford Sounds, Lake Tekapo, Whangarei, Mt Maunganui, Waiotapu, Abel Tasman, Kaikoura, Cape Palliser, Franz Josef, Nelson Lakes and more!
- Autumn 2014 – City stop in Bangkok Thailand including The Floating Markets and The Royal Palace
- Winter 2013/14 – Sunbathing in Jamaica and skiing in Bulgaria
- Spring / Summer 2013 – Europe multi-city breaks including Amsterdam Holland, Pisa Italy, Paris France, The Cotswolds England and Kelso Scotland
- Summer 2012 – Based in Ibiza Spain drinking sangria, discovering my soul and dancing for Eden Nightclub and Ocean Beach Club
- Winter 2011/12 – Searching for the Northern Lights in Lapland Finland
- Winter 2011/12 – Based in London England Karen worked for various marketing and promotional companies, learning about the suffragette movement and doing lots of sightseeing
- Summer 2011 – Based in Rhodes Greece working for Colorado Nightclub, exploring greek mythology and eating olives
- Summer 2010 / Winter 2011 – Based in Delhi India working for Hype Hospitality, learning yoga in my local community, and visiting The Taj Mahal Agra and Sunburn Festival Goa
- Spring / Summer 2010 – Based in Hurghada Egypt Karen worked for Hed Kandi and Ministry of Sound and falling in love with the Red Sea
- Spring 2010 – The hand written Travel Diaries were born
- Summer 2009 – Exploring Cali and Bogota Colombia
- Autumn 2008 – Summer 2009 First Year Computer Programming Degree
- Summer 2006 – Karen received A Level Grade A in Sociology
- Spring 2006 – Caribbean Multi-Stop Cruise including 11 Islands
- Summer 2004 – Karen received GCSE Grade A* English Language
- Summer 2004 – Karen received GCSE Grade A English Literature
Get Up, Get Out There & Get Lost
is always looking to collaborate with ethical companies, share great travel stories and promote fantastic causes.
If you would like to work together, get in touch using the